Fender® Telecaster pre-wired control harness with 4-way switch mod.
Position 2 of the 3-way Telecaster selector switch gives you both pickups wired in parallel; this is a standard wiring, and one of the classic Telecaster tones. But what if you need a fatter sound out of your Tele? The two outside switch positions on the Tele – which select the bridge or neck pickup individually – stay basically the same. But the middle position (both pickups together) wires the pickups in series rather than parallel. This produces a thicker, meatier sound, while still retaining the recognizable characteristics of a Tele. This is not a hum-cancelling combination, but it gives the increased power of a series link.
The 4-way Tele switch will give you both sounds when you dial in the two pickups together – wired in parallel (standard wiring) and wired in series for a beefier fuller sound.
**Can be supplied with crimp connectors for solderless hook up if required**
• TAD Custom CTS Solid Shaft (audio taper/logarithmic) potentiometers (Matched)
• Oak Grigsby 4-Way Switch
• Switchcraft 1/4″ Mono Input Jack with pre-wired harness using shielded braided wire enclosed with heat shrink tubing and also used on connections for strength (not pictured, see 3-way harness for better idea on location)
• Soviet Union NOS 0.047uf/47nF K42Y-2 Paper in Oil Capacitor (Tested within the ± 10% range)
• Choice of 50’s Wiring (pictured) or EWG Treble Bleed/Volume Mod. Kit is 50’s wired by default.
• Professionally soldered using vintage push-back wire.
2. Bridge & Neck in Parallel
4. Bridge & Neck in Series (Humbucker Type Fullness)
I offer a choice of right hand and left hand versions. Both users will have the choice of standard or reverse switch configuration. Please note, the left hand version will have standard reverse audio CTS pots which are split knurled but will have brass adaptors for use with metal knobs with set screws.
Although my harness can be used to upgrade various Far Eastern Tele style guitars, some modification of the control cavity and/or plate may be necessary. I have control plates available in my shop if required. Also, you may need to change your jack socket for one that fits Switchcraft jacks; also available from my shop. Knobs from these guitars generally need to be changed for inch sized ones for CTS pots.
**Switch Tip and Control Knobs Not Included**
There are no reviews yet.